You can buy with confidence from Apfelstrudel! We have had over 10 years of experience in shipping, thanks to our well-established antique maps and prints Etsy store (Bananastrudel), where we have earned over 5,700 5-star ratings and have shipped over 16,000 items.
Here are some key things to note about shipping at Apfelstrudel.ca.
How do you ship?
We ship within Canada through Canada Post, with tracking and insurance. (unless you choose the "Lettermail" option for some items).
For orders going to the United States, we ship through the US Postal Service (USPS), also with tracking and insurance (again, unless you use the "Lettermail" shipping option).
For international orders, we ship through either Canada Post (no tracking) or a service called Asendia, which relays packages to the local postal provider in the destination countries. Most Asendia shipments include tracking, but tracking is not available in some destination countries. Tracked shipments will include insurance.
When will I receive my order?
Processing (packaging, labelling) your order usually takes from 1-2 business days.
Once we have sent the package to our shipping provider:
- Packages within Canada and to the US are usually delivered within one week.
- Packages to the rest of the world are usually delivered within two to three weeks.
During busy periods such as Christmas, delivery time may take longer than the above estimates.
How about custom duties and taxes?
International buyers are responsible for any customs duties or taxes.
What happens if I do not receive my order?
We cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage due to errors or mishandling by any postal service or shipping provider. Also, we cannot entertain any claims regarding lost or damaged goods if your order was sent without tracking.
However, whenever possible, we do insure your packages (at not extra cost to you). If your order is sent with tracking, the following applies:
- If you are in the US or Canada and do not receive your order with 30 days from the shipping date, we will consider the package lost and will make a claim with the insurance provider. Your cooperation in providing any relevant documents, photos, etc. for the claim will help in speeding up the claim process. If the claim is successful, we will remit to you the proceeds from the insurance.
- The above also applies for shipments outside of the US and Canada, except that packages will be considered lost if they are not received 45 days after the shipping date. (Note: In a few countries, claims may not be filed until 60 days; if this applies to your shipment, we will let you know.)
What else should I know about shipping?
- If we find that the shipping charges computed here are higher than what is actually required, we will refund you the excess shipping charges.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure that the address you supply with your order is correct. We cannot entertain any claims or complaints in cases where there is a mistake in the shipping address provided to us.
- ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: Under our terms of insurance, claims may be filed only up to 90 days from the shipping date. For this reason, we cannot entertain any claims received more than 90 days after the mailing date.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding shipping, please contact us.